• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce flat tow needed GA to NC

ABN173

Hi guys,

Life has been busy and I have been MIA from the group for awhile now. Before I get to the heart of the post, I retired from active duty in 2016, moved to Columbus Georgia for a job that wasn’t as advertised and ultimately moved back to FT Bragg/Hope Mills, NC in August of last year. I’m currently in the local 553 Electrical apprenticeship out of Raleigh, NC. (This last bit is also part of my time problem). I’m working M-F with classes at Durham tech on Friday afternoon and Saturdays)

When we moved last August, my truck (71 M35A2) was loaded with our household stuff and I parked it at my brother in law’s house on a slope. The plan was to get back down to recover the truck the next weekend. It picked up some sludge from the bottom of the tank so we weren’t able to do so. We replaced the fuel lines and opted to go with a spin on filter kit. We got it running just in time to go get it fueled up and drive it up to NC, or so we thought. On the way back from the gas station, my clutch went out. Looking at a rear main seal replacement and a clutch replacement. This development gives me two plans of action, plan A: flat tow it from GA to NC where I can work through maintenance issues as I have time, plan B: find someone who can do the work for me in Columbus Georgia (Papabear recommended I talk to Clinto possibly). Anyway my job/training doesn’t allow me the time required to deal with this. Hoping to find someone that can assist with either of those plans.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/assistance with this problem.

-Dale

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hi guys,

Life has been busy and I have been MIA from the group for awhile now. Before I get to the heart of the post, I retired from active duty in 2016, moved to Columbus Georgia for a job that wasn’t as advertised and ultimately moved back to FT Bragg/Hope Mills, NC in August of last year. I’m currently in the local 553 Electrical apprenticeship out of Raleigh, NC. (This last bit is also part of my time problem). I’m working M-F with classes at Durham tech on Friday afternoon and Saturdays)

When we moved last August, my truck (71 M35A2) was loaded with our household stuff and I parked it at my brother in law’s house on a slope. The plan was to get back down to recover the truck the next weekend. It picked up some sludge from the bottom of the tank so we weren’t able to do so. We replaced the fuel lines and opted to go with a spin on filter kit. We got it running just in time to go get it fueled up and drive it up to NC, or so we thought. On the way back from the gas station, my clutch went out. Looking at a rear main seal replacement and a clutch replacement. This development gives me two plans of action, plan A: flat tow it from GA to NC where I can work through maintenance issues as I have time, plan B: find someone who can do the work for me in Columbus Georgia (Papabear recommended I talk to Clinto possibly). Anyway my job/training doesn’t allow me the time required to deal with this. Hoping to find someone that can assist with either of those plans.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/assistance with this problem.

-Dale
I know it’s a late reply, but Columbus is 1hr south of me and I could transport it for you on my trailer or tow bar it reasonably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks