• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front winch bolt torque specs

Buderwuder

I have looked at the manuals for the winch and the truck, and cannot find any torque specs for the winch mounting bolts or any of the assorted other bolts that hold the winch together. I believe the winch housings are what I believe to be manganese, and using steel bolts in manganese can get you a stripped bolt really fast if one is not careful. I am rebuilding my winch, and am at the point of putting it back together, and am a little gun shy tightening the bolts without some specs. Any help in this matter will surely be appreciated. By the way, I also searched here before I posted this.

Thanks
Clay

Buderwuder

I have looked at the manuals for the winch and the truck, and cannot find any torque specs for the winch mounting bolts or any of the assorted other bolts that hold the winch together. I believe the winch housings are what I believe to be manganese, and using steel bolts in manganese can get you a stripped bolt really fast if one is not careful. I am rebuilding my winch, and am at the point of putting it back together, and am a little gun shy tightening the bolts without some specs. Any help in this matter will surely be appreciated. By the way, I also searched here before I posted this.

Thanks
Clay
It appears that i have stumped everyone, or posted in the incorrect place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks