• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel in Oil

signman

My oil pan is filling up with diesel fuel. Can anyone help with a solution to this problem. Compensator has been by passed. Decal on filters states this. Engine runs well & does not smoke. HELP!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be the gear pump on the side of the IP or maybe the pumping head.

mhassett

The only place that fuel is on one side of a seal and lube oil on the other if in the density compensator.
By-pass density compensator, and run diesel only.
MHassett

mahdey

if the above solutions do not work, then look at the injectors themselves. IS your truck hard to start after its been parked for a day?

Recht71

Signman A thing to check thats quick .The Control collar positioning mechamism. In short the engine stop . Follow the stop cable to the pump take the two screws out take the cover off it should be dry no fuel . If there is fuel there ,there is a o ring where the shaft goes goes in to the pump. I had that on my LDS engine. I've had a friend that the 2 o rings in (crantrucks) reply that caused fuel in the oil. The engine stop o ring can be fixed on the truck . Good Luck

Westex

I bypassed my FDC thinking that was the problem. It was not. My injector pump leaked like a sieve, and about $2,500.00 later, voila! No more problems. The 2.5 large was spent rebuilding the injector pump.

Yohan

2500 bucks!?!?! I'm sure you covered this before you had it rebuilt, but are take-off injector pumps available on the market for less? Probably a dumb question, I know.

I bypassed my FDC thinking that was the problem. It was not. My injector pump leaked like a sieve, and about $2,500.00 later, voila! No more problems. The 2.5 large was spent rebuilding the injector pump.

signman

signman a thing to check thats quick .the control collar positioning mechamism. In short the engine stop . Follow the stop cable to the pump take the two screws out take the cover off it should be dry no fuel . If there is fuel there ,there is a o ring where the shaft goes goes in to the pump. I had that on my lds engine. I've had a friend that the 2 o rings in (crantrucks) reply that caused fuel in the oil. The engine stop o ring can be fixed on the truck . Good luck
i removed the cover and it had oil in it, were can i get the o-ring, will i need any special tools to repair it thanks

Westex

I'm mechanically inclined, so to speak, but rebuilding an injector pump with my current day job was not in the cards. Hence, the big price tag. I researched this quite a bit before I went forward with the project. Some members on here have rebuilt the ip, per the above post, by buying said o rings from Harley dealers. But you have to have the o ring 'in hand' to show them. Since your fdc is bypassed, and still making oil, it's obviously the injector pump. If it is the engine pull stop, that can be fixed on the truck. But there are other places the ip can leak into the crankcase beyond me. I got my replacement from emr, a fellow member here. If you need an ip, look him up on the "members" section.

DMaddox

Signman A thing to check thats quick .The Control collar positioning mechamism. In short the engine stop . Follow the stop cable to the pump take the two screws out take the cover off it should be dry no fuel . If there is fuel there ,there is a o ring where the shaft goes goes in to the pump. I had that on my LDS engine. I've had a friend that the 2 o rings in (crantrucks) reply that caused fuel in the oil. The engine stop o ring can be fixed on the truck . Good Luck

Listen to this man I had exactly the same problem and it was the o'ring on the shaft .. its about a 3/8 or so o-ring i had almost 5 gallon of fuel in my oil.. my fdc is not bypassed .. do yourself a favor and MOVE YOUR HEATER befor you start .. its a 20 min fix.. good luck.

DMaddox

i removed the cover and it had oil in it, were can i get the o-ring, will i need any special tools to repair it thanks

I got mine from a friend who had a o-ring kit ( a big red box full of a variety of o-rings) he got from the local parts store .. I think mine went bad shortly after using biodiesel...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks