• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel tank on Cummins PT

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was thinking about useing a Deuce fuel tank on a bobber project. Do you think that maybe the decreased outlet size on the deuce tank fitting or the use of the intank pump with the Deuce tank would hurt or cause problems with the Cummins PT.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

The deuce uses a 1/2" line out of the tank, how much bigger is the line on your truck now, I couldn't imagine it to be very much larger than that.....also I know the IP in the deuce will pull fuel just fine if the in tank isn't working, so it is more of a lift pump to help out, it doesn't push but a couple of psi......again, not sure what the specs are on the in tank pump you have now....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Maybe I was not clear. Will the 4 to 7 lb's of fuel pressure affect the Cimmins PT in any harmfull way.
If the switch is left on, it will pump fuel though the ip, if the ip is shut down, the pump will be pressured and possible to pump fuel into the crankcase,

ASK WM about a draw feed that turned into a syphon because of the placement of the solvent barrel, it bought his 816 engine. the slight positive pressure of the syphon pressured the the shutdown ip and inturn the solvent ended up in the crankcase.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on having it wired to the master but without a hidden battery cut offf then guess someone could turn it on playing around. Guess my concern is any seals in the PT that might be affected that are before the fuel pump in the PT.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was planning on having it wired to the master but without a hidden battery cut offf then guess someone could turn it on playing around. Guess my concern is any seals in the PT that might be affected that are before the fuel pump in the PT.
There should not be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks