• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in the wild...

mangus580

Since I know how everyone loves pics.... heres a few of yestardays adventures. I will link in a couple vids when they upload too.

I had to go to my uncles cabin about 1.25 hours away. My TD6 Bulldozer is down there, and it needed its starter put back in, and some minor maintenance. The dozer has lived there for the past 2 years. We took it down in the bed of the deuce.... and not really sure we want to bring it home like that!

I figured I might as well take the deuce, and the woodsplitter, to make the trip worth my time ;-) I arrived about noon, and managed to get the starter in, track back on, radiator topped off on teh dozer.... and cut/split the load of wood in the pics before it got dark. I will say... I need to put a hitch on the back of the deuce that can tow the splitter... unloading it out of the back sux. All in all, it was a fun trip, albeit a little chilly... As you can see the copilot even had a blanket to keep him warm.

BTW, it was opening day of deer season. By the time I got there, 3 had already been shot. Dad got his within the first 'minute' of the season.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3 (HUGE)

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great pics, thanks for posting :beer:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike:
Thanks for the great post I miss America but Korea is pretty too, just the MV's all belong to Uncle or the ROK. :(

Does the dozer run Like to see some pictures of it pushing gravel or dirt.

Nice to have an abundant supply of firewood too and seeing it in the duece makes me homesick

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, we need some of the white stuff in No Cal so I can water my kids! Great pics Mike. Gonna smoke some venison? I love it smoked!

mangus580

2 vids uploaded so far... see original post.

3rd vid is gonna take a bit. Its too big for our server, so I dumped it on google video. Waiting for it to get approved.

No.2Diesel

Thanks for the pics. That little crawler needs some shelter out there. Your splitter and conveyor system are pretty nifty. How did you get the dozer in and out of the bed?

Here is a pic of my little precious :wink:

Attachments

mangus580

I found the right bank to back up to.... :)

The boy has been riding in the deuce since he was like 6 months old. My next challenge is going to be adding a 3rd seatbelt and putting two kid seats in!!

mangus580

comdiver said:
Hi Mike, looks great! Does dad have a doe permit for the rest of the season? Your boy is getting big.
is SOL for down there at the cabin.... back home he has like 4 tags.

BTW, 3rd vid link added above.

1943ht

Great pics ... love the grin on your sons face... bet he loves riding in the truck with dad. you are building some great memories with your boy ... still fondly remember all the adventures my dad took me along on when he was restoring his Model A (60's) and we would go parts hunting. Well done

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks