• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Lights

SierraHotel

Replacement Light Bulbs.com has Deuce headlights (Wagner 4863-1) for $17.50 each. However, they do not include the pigtails. Is there a major issue with getting 4863’s without the pigtails?

CGarbee

If they are the bulbs that I am thinking of, they have the three metal tabs on the back of the bulb that match up perfectly to the plugs sold at auto parts stores... Just pick up a couple of plugs with pigtails and make up a wiring adapter for you new bulbs. Nice thing is that the same plug will work on your H4 burners when you decide to make the move to Hella E-Code lighting down the road. :)

I have yet to make up a page showing them setup in the M35, but a page on my website showing the plug and pigtail that I mention is located here:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/headlights.htm

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got those, and they seem dimmer than the regular bulbs. It might be because of the bad connection between the original pigtails that I took of the original light. They have metal discs on the back of the bulb, just like if you yanked the pigtails off an old light. Not sure if they are dim because of the connections or not, I had to pretty much destroy the pigtails to get that dang glue to let loose.

acetomatoco

Look at the wattage ....check the Mil specs vs the 4863s you have and then of course the pattern might be different for Mil vs civilian... aCE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks