• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce on ebay - completely rebuilt with 'D' motor

Armada

In my humble opinion, I would let this one go. The guy sounds like quite the salesman. If you were to read the ad first then look at the pics, the pics to me, don't look like what was described.
It's not optioned very well. No heater, banged up front fender and mud flaps, no cable on spool, no pto shaft.
I don't know of any refurbs that used the electonic light switch either, but maybe. Looks like a run of the mill GL truck.
If it was refurbed, then there are some other items I see that should have been updated at the time too. I could be wrong though.
The 465 D is a good motor, but not 185 hp.
Myself, I don't care for the hard cover on back.
I would pass, but if you like it and want it, then by all means bid on it. I'm sure it runs fine.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I posted it. I just wasn't sure. 'D' motor sounded interesting along with a new tranny and transfer case.

I had to lol when he wrote 'rare ladder'. That one got a chuckle. Is 53K miles high for an A2? Also note the huge muffler, though properly mounted at least.

Armada thx for the input. I'll jest keep lookin.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as buying these trucks and the condition they are in, apply the "erector set" principle. All parts are available and can be replaced. Don't worry about cosmetic things, but try to make sure that what's sold actually works.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
THANKS. I'm still trying to learn all I can. That's why I come here every day to soak up as much as possible.

Now if I could just find that 'legendary $1000 deuce' - lol. Of course it would have just come out of depot refinish. And it's current owner's wife just MADE him get rid of it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL
I got the tanker, M49A2C, because I needed the PTO for my crane. Tankers also have low milage. Mine came from the USMC with some fording kit features built in.

67Beast

wallew said:
Now if I could just find that 'legendary $1000 deuce' - lol. Of course it would have just come out of depot refinish. And it's current owner's wife just MADE him get rid of it.
They are out there. It just takes time to find them. I bought mine for $1000, and found it only 50 miles from home. And it also has the D turbo in it.

6 weeks work and $1500 in new parts turned it into this

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
67Beast said:
wallew said:
They are out there. It just takes time to find them. I bought mine for $1000, and found it only 50 miles from home. And it also has the D turbo in it.

YUP, thats the one. So, Dave, when's your wife gonna MAKE YOU SELL IT TO ME?? I'm a patient guy. lol :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks