• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce original gov't cost...

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Duece original gov

I'll have to dig them up - but I do have copies of some of the first contracts Reo was given for the G742 vehicles, which naturally includes costs - and what those costs were to include. I think I also have some of the International contracts for the five tons. I'll try to turn this up in the next couple days.

I've seen - but foolishly didn't copy - this info on Studebaker M35s.

Regards,
David Doyle

groundog

:driver: if you go on Gov Liquidation and look up a auction and click under lot description all the prices for the trucks are listed---most m-35 were around 43,.000 to 45,000

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't forget that in 1970 I was paying .19 cents a gallon for gas getting a truck discount. That makes $46,000 in todays money, a lot more than we would pay for a new AMG 555 Mercedes. I still think my duece was one of my better deals for three grand

CatMan

Cost of a deuce

Hi all,

Just got registered on the site. I'm not new. Been driving my M35A2 for 13 years. I came over from the CCKW.org web site. That's my other deuce. 1945 dump truck. The CCKW is the cover girl on the June issue of Military Vehicles Magazine.

From an infanrty training publication in my library from Fort Benning dated June 1967. It lists specifications and costs for tactical vehicles. Foot note says costs are from "SB 700-20 (June 66). What ever that is, but sounds official? Shows:

Truck Cargo, 2 1/2 Ton, 6X6, M35A1 ...............$8,826.
Truck, Cargo, 2 1/2 Ton, 6X6, M109................$10,222.
Truck, Wrecker Crane, 2 1/2 M108................$13,609.
Truck Cargo, 5 Ton, 6X6, M54A2....................$11,849.
Truck, Wrecker, 5 Ton, 6X6, M543..................$21,860.
And
Trailer, Cargo, 1 1/2 Ton 2 whl, M105A1...........$828.
(I've seen that number on DRMO tags on trailer sales)

I'm a diesel guy by trade, application engineer, sales and service with the Caterpillar organization for the past 28 years. I'll try and put my 2 cents in on Multifuel info when I can.

Glad to be on board.

Cat Man

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Cost of a deuce

Welcome to the site, glad to have another contributing member! Someone is going to ask for pics of your trucks soon, oh wait, I guess thats me!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Cost of a deuce

Welcome to SS, Cat Man :beer: