• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce paint?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slide the bed back! Remove all bolts and unbolt the trailer wiring harness and slide th ebd back.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done this before. If the bolts are OK its pretty easy. I clamped some 2X4 to the side of the frame to keep the bed lined up and attached the bed to a tree. I cautiously pulled the truck fwd a bit to gain access. I woulnd't try it without some type of something to keep the bed lined up with the bed rails. When I needed to move it back I backed the truck up against the tree with a 4X4 taped to the back of the bed. Crude as it was, It worked good.

Opie

Recovery 4x4,

Your patented "tree and 2 x 4 method" sounds great. I'll have to find something nice and heavy that I can chain my van box to (and see what kind of "pucker factor" results).

Does anyone know what the van body weighs, and would this work for it, too?

MVtrucker

With the headboard removed, you can spray most of what's readily visible. Narrow the spray gun's spray pattern and shoot where you can't otherwise reach. Beats moving the bed, besides, if someone looks that close (for defects) just invite them to help you slide the bed!

Pappa-G

Opie said:
Does anyone know what the van body weighs, and would this work for it, too?

Check the -10 manual it gives the weights for all the 2.5 ton trucks and the difference between a M35A2 and a M109A3 is 2080 lbs.. The difference between a M35 and a M185 is 3440lbs. So lift with your leggs or someone elses back!! [:)]
When I painted my M715, I used a WAGNER Power Painter with exterior grade flat latex paint. I had "HOME DEPOT" match a chip and custom mix a gallon of "IRAN SAND TAN". The total cost was under $50 including masking tape and flat black for contrast. It lasted for the time I had it ( a couple of years) touched up nice and looked great. [2cents] ~ Pappa-G

rdixiemiller

I had to move a van body back on a truck to replace the rear cab glass. I unbolted the body, jacked up the front an inch and put a 4' piece of 3/4 black pipe between the frame and the body rails. Same at the rear. Used a come along and a tree to pull the body back 3'. Because the front of the truck was slightly lower than the rear, letting the come along slack off we were able to push the body back forward. As long as you don't run up on a frame rivet, that works fairly smoothly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks