• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce problems

vtdeucedriver

Hey all,
Has anyone tore into the airshift valve on the transfer case????? I have a deuce that is dripping 90wt gear oil in the cab from the switch. Its also pressurising the transfer and blowing 90wt out the vent. I am assuming I have a seal thats gone.......anyone changed them???

Also, I have a deuce that takes a bit to start, unlike my others, just bump the starter...........will a air leak in the fuel system cause this (possibly loose fuel to the pump??? I would have thought that the supply pump would take care of that??

Thanks for any help.

rice

A plugged primary filter, under the alternator will cause hard starting. I know from experience.

JRBAMATEX

On the air cylinder. I am looking at the TM 9-2520-246-34-1 on Page 2-143 and 2-174. This look like a pretty simple deal. There are only about 5 major components. It looks like its probably the air tube or the piston in the air tube. The TM says that you should check for pitting, rusting and or parts (air tube or piston) out of round. It looks about as simple as a wheel cylinder realy. So that looks like where air and oild could be passing one another. In the transfer case and oil back to the air switch on the dash. The guys on here will probably know better though.

Also you can find TM 9-2520-246-34-1 on the LOGSA site. It is public info and dose not require a password.

I would just start wrenching on it. Then call Saturn or Memphis and get the part you need. It ought to be pretty cheap.

Good luck

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had a hard starting problem when I first got my current duece. I tightened up the fuel return lines (the plastic ones )on the injectors and it fixed the problem. It was sucking air into the lines after it was shut down. Now it just takes a 1 second bump of the start button versus the 5 seconds before.

m35a2cowner

dripping oil

Check to see if there is a breather on the transfer case. It might be plugged and any pressure built up in the transfer case is exiting out the un-pressurized side of the front axle selector carrying gear lube with it. The switch is quite a bit higher than the transfer case and I can not think of any reason there should be any gear lube in it. Another thing comes to mind. Could you be seeing oil from the air compressor (compressor is lubed by engine oil and you will notice there gets to be quite a bit in the rear air tanks) exhausting out the vent? Try smelling it to see if is gear lube. Its possible if air tanks have not been drained for a while that oil can be making its way into the air system and exiting the selector.

m35a2cowner

dripping oil

Check to see if there is a breather on the transfer case. It might be plugged and any pressure built up in the transfer case is exiting out the un-pressurized side of the front axle selector carrying gear lube with it. The switch is quite a bit higher than the transfer case and I can not think of any reason there should be any gear lube in it. Another thing comes to mind. Could you be seeing oil from the air compressor (compressor is lubed by engine oil and you will notice there gets to be quite a bit in the rear air tanks) exhausting out the vent? Try smelling it to see if is gear lube. Its possible if air tanks have not been drained for a while that oil can be making its way into the air system and exiting the selector.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks