• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Starter

Hookin1

I just bought a starter for my duece.Bought it through Carquest Auto Parts,since my wife works there i got it at cost.Her are the prices and the part number if anyone else needs it.

MFG>part number
HEL 72-3948S

List price 307.36
Net 153.68
Core 60.00

Hookin1

I did'nt look to see who made it.But it works and fits :)
Now for the problem,it seems that on the civi,starters the housing between the starter motor and the nose cone is a little bigger.Having said that the nuts won't fit on the studs cause they hit the housing.So i bought 12 point headed bolts,removed the studs and used bolts instead.Of course there where a few curse words used after wrestling the starter up there and then having to take it back out.But i guess thats what i get for getting it so cheap :wink: Other than that it works great and i actually think it has more torque than the other one.

Oh by the way DR,going to get your truck next weekend i hope.fingers crossed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks