• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tips and Tricks!

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I'll bite.

When removing the tranny main shaft you must pull the jack shaft COMPLETELY and disconnect the aft end first. I tried taking just the front end loose and got the trannny parts jammed and put the housing and seal back in, one or two bolts back in the jackshaft then pull the aft end of the jack shaft, disconnect the front and removed it. If you pull the front end first, it hangs down enough to make getting a wrench/socket on the aft end bolt heads near impossible.

Now I know.

ToddJK

Especially for deuce owners, many of us experience a drive in the rain. The windows tend to leak around the seals and the windshield wiper arm that then runs down the inside of the window. Then comes the fog and if it's hot out, we're not going to turn the heater on.
Two things make this easier to deal with.

1. A small handheld squeegee. This will remove the water as well as the fog on the window. Also makes for a great window cleaning and cleaning the mirrors off.
2. Anti-fog treatment. Rainex has a good anti fog treatment, I prefer the bottle of liquid over the wipes. This doesn't eliminate it completely but sure keeps the fog down vs without it.

These two products in conjunction with one another, makes for a safer and more pleasant drive in the rain imo.

banditt1979

I just went through the process of replacing the front steering knuckle boots. Well passenger side at least. When reinstalling the knuckle onto the axle turn the steering wheel so that the offending knuckle is turned out, or away from the truck, at the front. Assuming the knuckle is still attached to the steering tie rod end. Should make it much easier to install.

Darylfraser

I would like to credit this tip to where it is due since I read it on this site sometime ago but I cannot remember where or whom. When replacing my data plates I also added interior decals. I found an NOS “good driver” plus the hearing protection, NBC warning, gauge titles and even a cartoon style decal from PS-28. Instead of permanently fixing the decals, I used very thin magnetic sheet to put the decals on as suggested by another member. They can be removed for an interior repaint or cleaning or just repositioned if you want to change things up. I only wish I could remember what post I found this suggestion in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks