• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce vs Stump

MikeON

Actually, it took several tries. The deuce didn't come to a sudden, jerking stop, but it was more of a long, smooth pull that gradually got harder until the chain would slip off. I had two wraps of chain on the stump so it would self-tighten, but the stump was bending over so much it would still slip off, until I finally hooked the chain lower. In the mirror, I could see the roots lifting up and could see how much the stump was bending over.

The stump was a maple, and they are considerably tougher than softwoods.

Mike

Opie

Good thing I didn't take pics of pulling the azalea bushes out of the front yard with the shop van. They'd look kind of puny in comparrison. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks