• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce winch

AMX

Looked at a deuce today with a nice complete functional winch with chain and cable. If I buy this one (I am looking at others as well), how much could I reasonably expect to sell the complete winch setup for? I mean everything associated including inside controls. Not the high dollar wait five years to sell it, the sell it in a week or so price. I only ask because I dont believe I will want it hanging so far out front for my purpose. Also I am NOT trying sell something in the forum.

scoutmanadam

it really depends. they are very heavy and therefore very expensive to ship so that will kind of limit the number of people after it. that said you should get at least 700 i would think and most likely more then that.

jwright

yep $700- $800 would be a good price. I do not know what some of these people are thinking putting a price of $1500 for a winch. Thats almost half of the price of a truck :cookoo:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let me know how much for it if you do get it. I've supposedly got a line on one winch setup. But it'd be awesome to have winches on both of my trucks.

scoutmanadam

wsucougarx is right about prices on this side for trucks and stuff. everything is about 20 percent more expensive it seems. good luck selling it. are you selling the pto with it

AMX

wsucougarx is right about prices on this side for trucks and stuff. everything is about 20 percent more expensive it seems. good luck selling it. are you selling the pto with it
Forgive my ignorance, I thought all the trucks had their own PTO. Am I mistaken?

AceHigh

Keep in mind it will not be all profit. There are maybe 20 some bolts and they often are not usable after they are removed. You may have to replace them all, if not half of them.

When you pull the PTO off you will need a gasket to re-seal the opening. The plate to seal up the PTO opening is on the far side of the PTO, you will just take it off and put it on your transmission. The buyer will have the same plate covering his PTO opening.

AMX

It just ocurred to me that I just saw a big tulsa winch on a wrecker just pulled in the salvage yard. I dont know if tulsa made any military winches but I could get it cheap. I may look into that.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 45K winches used on wreckers and on the back of some other trucks are made by Tulsa.

treeguy

2cents Just sayin' The bolts really skuc to take off the donor truck, some will break and some you will have to cut. Most of these trucks are old, like 40 years right, just that life span alone would lead me not to WANT to reuse the bolts. Also bolts streach when tightened and create a mate with all associated parts so upon reusing them they will have to streach again and IMHO will be weakened. Have ya seen what they look like when removed? Yuck! For what its worth, look up my post "Complete winch bolt list" it'll save you the headache.
:beer:

wsucougarx

So the pto would unbolt and a cover would replace it?
Yes, in fact you can use the cover on the PTO to cover the hole in your tranny. Also keep in mind, you will have the mounting studs to remove on the tranny. If unable to remove them you'll need to use a bunch of washers due to the studs...you'll see what I mean when you get in there. Then the guy getting the PTO can just use his tranny cover to put on the PTO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks