• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce work never ending?

Gerryat60

Working on my first Deuce that I bought off GL last month(received last month) had the output shaft of the transmission broke. Not a big surprise, GL said it didn't move, I had talked to a mech on base who thought that it might be the problem. Anyway, got the transmission rebuild and while reading one of the 4801 manuels. It said to to in 7 1/2 pints of oil, this was done but it didn't fill it to the fill plug. So which should it be? Also I still need to get a canvas cargo cover and a lift handle for the front of the hood. All things considered the truck I got I'm happy with. No rust or dents, new tires, only 3500 miles less then 200 hrs. and enough bows for 2 1/2 trucks. And by the serial number it looks to be a 1988 AMC and my SF97 is on the way. At this point life is grand. Keep your fingers crossed.
Gerry P.S. Pics to follow soon.

91W350

It should be below the fill hole, as long as I can reach it with my index finger, life is good. If you fill it up to the fill hole, you will have oil running out the nose of the transmission into the bell housing, creating a heck of a mess..... They do not have a front seal, so over filling is a disaster in the making. Glen

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It said to to in 7 1/2 pints of oil, this was done but it didn't fill it to the fill plug. So which should it be?
Generally, "fill to spill" is no longer recommended. The correct fill level is when you stick your finger into the oil fill hole and the level is one knuckle down from the fill hole.
This avoids unnecessary leaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks