• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DFW URGENT - Need WWII Jeep Addison TX 9/18

Needle

Help. Is there anyone in the Dallas area that has a WWII Jeep available at short notice for some film work at Addison airport at about 1:30pm tomorrow (Sunday September 18, 2011)?

National Geographic are filming a documentary about the B-29 bomber, and will be using the CAF B-29 bomber FIFI, and members of the 504th bomb group, who are having their reunion in Dallas this weekend.

(The 504th served in the Pacific Theater flying the B-29 Superfortress from Tinian in the northern Mariana Islands beginning in 1944. They flew attacks and dropped 3.1 million tons of bombs on Japanese airfields, installations and the Japanese homeland. The Group lost 63 planes and 630 men to enemy action. After V-J Day they dropped supplies to Allied prisoners. They have approximately 50 members of the group with us this weekend)

NG have asked if I have a vehicle they can use for a drive-up sequence for the presenter, however I have no operational WWII jeeps. (For some reason they dont want to use the DUKW or the Sherman tank....something about being impractical:-D).

Is there anyone who lives locally, who has a "good looking" operation WWII jeep (or WC) who is available Sunday afternoon? I can't promise much in the way of compensation, except my extreme gratitude, 15 minutes of fame, and a full tour of all the museum and its aircraft........and maybe some gas money :wink:

PM me if you are available, and I will give further details.

(Dennis or Jimmy.....any ideas.)

Thanks in advance,

Julian Banks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks