• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did anyone on here win this?

pmramsey

wow 28k..... thats allot of m35's
The last one on the market three years ago out of Ft Bragg went for over $75,000. No one has ever heard of it since. I assume it was not purchase by a SS.

I bid on it. Placed a bid of $25,050 on Tuesday and refused to look again until after the sale had concluded. Otherwise, I ran the risk of getting sucked into the process and I am getting too old to pay for another divorce.

I went to Hodges and drove it. It needed batteries, better rubber, and the CTIS needed a filter. I was not sure about the tranny though it was probably just the 15-40 engine oil the military runs in it. After all, it was December and even Columbia SC can be cold in Dec. Looking back, I am glad that I "missed" it. At the end of the day, it still only had the performance of a deuce and didn't come with a 50-cal and a load of ammo to run it.

Last edited:

ACBMWM#

The last one on the market three years ago out of Ft Bragg went for over $75,000. No one has ever heard of it since. I assume it was not purchase by a SS.

I bid on it. Placed a bid of $25,050 on Tuesday and refused to look again until after the sale had concluded. Otherwise, I ran the risk of getting sucked into the process and I am getting too old to pay for another divorce.

I went to Hodges and drove it. It needed batteries, better rubber, and the CTIS needed a filter. I was not sure about the tranny though it was probably just the 15-40 engine oil the military runs in it. After all, it was December and even Columbia SC can be cold in Dec. Looking back, I am glad that I "missed" it. At the end of the day, it still only had the performance of a deuce and didn't come with a 50-cal and a load of ammo to run it.

This is prob what happend to that one...

Attachments

big block 88

Te up armored trucks are what let us down all the time. They ran decent but could not keep up in the convoys with a full load. And the trans never knew wat to do shifting in and out causeing overheating issue. The CTIS was a nightmare anyway in the sandbox, but these seemed to really have issues. Now our on base trucks (un armored) never really had an issue but we had the CTIS crimped off so it wouldn't back feed and leak down.

I'm not knocking them really i would just stay with an M35 myself similar performance and more reliablity in the M35. Hey if you got the money to get one more power to you though.

Varyag

In 2001 when my unit at Ft Hood got them we kept the Deuces for a year after. Someone finally came to the motor pool to look for the trucks we were supposed to turn in. We were forced to let them go kicking and screaming.

spicergear

I like the cab over design and wonder WHY the **** it took SO long to adopt this design!? Military seems to be about packing size, alot...that said, why keep on producing long nose trucks with 12' beds when you could have gone to a short nose and same length bed years earlier. I don't know...just surprises me. If they would have switched over earlier, maybe these current teething problems with the FMTV's would have been supressed long ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks