• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel/oil mix in other vehicles

Dodgeman1941

Has anyone using deisel/oil mix in vehicles other than a multi fuel. I run 60/40 fuel/hyd oil mix in the M35 and am looking at picking up either a diesel crew cab pu or a suburban, and would like to run a mix in it, maybe not to the level of 50/50 but maybe 75/25. What about using kerosene as the base?

1stDeuce

I have a '96 GMC with a 6.5L turbodiesel. I'm currently running WMO through it in small quantities and I haven't noticed anything yet. I'm at about 10% right now. It was my intention that this would help the IP live longer with today's Ultra Low Sulfer diesel, but it's also saving me 10% fuel cost, which is nice...

My deuce is running more like 25% WMO right now, but it doesn't go far.

I don't use WMO from diesel engines if I can help it because the soot really thickens it and I can't see how that would be good for the fuel system. I'm filtering through a paper paint filter-funnel on the way into the tank. (Oh the horror of it!!) I'm going to set up a filter bag system and "clean" barrel for storage soon. This way I won't have 20 1gal jugs waiting to get used.

C

gt1009

1stDuece, Is there any way that you could put a link to the filters you are using up on here? I am wanting to do the same thing with my truck and just need to find a filter bag. I will be using the "Clean" and "Dirty" Barrel system, and hopefully just dripping it in small quantities through a filter bag. Time is not really an issue for me as I only plan on doing about 20 gallons a year.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there really any reason I could not add a quart of diesel or kerosene to the full tank of my 2004 chevrolet gasoline pickup truck? I used to do this with older cars.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I have been running a 60/40 mix of 60% diesel and 40% waste auto trans fluid in my '85 VW Golf. I run 100% trans fluid in the deuce with no problem. I collect it in 55 gal drums. I hang a couple of magnets in it and let it sit for about two weeks. I have had no problems with smoke, starting or driving.

It costs zero in fuel to run the deuce :lol:

My cost on the VW with the trans dilution brings the diesel to about 2.50 a gallon and at 47 mpg it makes it the car of the century. I will soon have to get someone to go start it for me since I highly suspect the gas companies have a liquidator looking for me to crush the car with me in it. :twisted: