• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Digital

Jones

Got them at work and they're pretty good once you get used to not feeling for the levers. First batch had problems so if you find one, make sure of the mfg. date which should be 2005 or later.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question for users of the push button switch: While driving, I frequently flash my headlights for passing trucks or whatever and just flip the lower left lever from "Dim" to "Park" and back. How do you do this with the push buttons? Do you make a selection and push "Enter" each time or is there a simpler way once you are in "Service" drive mode?
Thanks,

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure it is WELL grounded to bright shiney metal. Disconnect the batteries first, hook up the ground wire first, THEN the canon plug. Any deviations from proceedure this can GREATLY increase the chance of the switch burning up.

mangus580

I actually spoke with a guy in engineering at the manufacture. I have the information to possibly fix the switch when they go bad, and even have a couple I need to try.

Personally, I like them (havent run one mounted yet) and hope to use one in my deuce as soon as I get off my lazy ass and install it.

Bjorn, I am not sure on your question, as I havent attempted it yet. I think you would find the pushbutton switch cumbersome for this. With your headlight circuit that you have though, you could easily put in a springloaded toggle to do just what you are talking about though...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, flipping the lower left lever on the 3-lever switch is just as easy (the locking lever does not come into the picture for this operation).
No need for any additional switch, that may be the solution if you have the digital switch, though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, went out and tried that Bjorn, it's definately a 4 step procedure to do the headlight flash as you described. The "Cool Factor" is way up on the pushbutton switch so I'll keep it on the tractor as long as it works but the wrecker gets the 3 lever for sure.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said before, it took a lot more brain power to make the mechanical switch than the electronic/digital one.
The electronics for the digital switch can be put together by a hobbyist in a day or two (and forgetting about the static/grounding issues in the rush!). Kind of like the new electronic flashers.

The mechanical switch would take some real thinking to design. I have images of both switches taken apart somewhere....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks