• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY PTO Control Lever

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just some flat stock and part of an old linkage that came in the bed of the truck when I bought it.
It may work but pushing/pulling at that much of an angle you are putting a lot of strain (radially) on that shift rod!
Not so if you had a "J"-shaped handle, similar to the original set-up.

1655126422369.png 1655127204901.png

davidm2232

All WN-7-28 winch PTOs came with 2 forward and one reverse gear, with two neutral positions in between them, in the same order as David put it: R-N-L-N-H
High speed to low speed ratio is 2.25:1
Well that makes me feel better! I was kinda concerned that the linkage was taken off for a reason like that the PTO was damaged. But it appears that it is working as designed. Winch is leaking gear oil though. I'd imagine they make a seal kit for it. If I end up keeping it, I guess that will need to be rebuilt too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks