• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do your PMCS!

MDdeuce

I know this topic has been brought up before, but want to emphasize the importance of it. I did a pre trip inspection last week before I was going to take my M35 for a drive and discovered that the last time I drove it one of the front axle hard line brake lines (right where it came out of the splitter) had struck the frame due to suspension travel. :shock: The line still looked ‘ok’, but was slightly bent and missing some paint. Not good, so dead lined the truck.

I replaced the line today and discovered that the line had actually kinked inside the line nut on the splitter, which was not evident from an external inspection. Took <2hrs to replace the line and bleed the system. 2hrs in my driveway seems like a much better use of my time than a few years in court when my brakes fail and I run over something.

Do your PMCS and pre trip inspections every time!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And don't be afraid to deadline it.

I missed an important Vietnam commemoration event with the V100 because, though everything had been fine the day before, on the morning of the event the brakes were soft, and wouldn't pump up (the brake booster was failing). Very reluctantly, my son and I put it back in its shed at the farm and took an M1009 to the event instead.

On its next run on the farm the next day, troubleshooting things, the brake booster failed completely.

Cheers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To err is human.

To err out of human pride is ignorant.

We MUST remember that the P in PMCS is for PREVENTATIVE... and we MUST PREVENT that which is within our power to PREVENT.

Thank you for creating this thread.
And thank you to all who post up constructive contributions.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks