• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dodge WC- 4x4? or 6x6?

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My father with a dodge in 1947.. Solln area of Munich, Bavaria.. The patch is "ETO-Advanced Base.." At this point of his 3 years there, he was with "HQ & Supply Troop" and no longer wore a 2nd Constabulary Bde patch.

Note the high-top canvas , he was hauling food packages for an orphanage that day .. Other than the rear axle(s) being cut in the pic, are there any other distinguishing features between models? .. I know, there's not much to see of it here, hoods, cabs, fenders were probably identical.. He once said they had both types at the Saar motor pool as well as CCKW's

The civilian (former Wehrmact) was employed by HQ to accompany army personnel in certain civic situations
(requiring trust and comfort of the general public including children) , and also to translate if need be

20240228_152049.jpg

Last edited:

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bet good money Its a 6x6, it sets tall, has the tall tires and weird rims, and that front rear axle is up close to the door, or where a door would be, leaving room for the tandem out back, something has to go under that long box to hold it up and it sure isn't that axle behind the driver's door

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks