• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anybody know what Radio Set came with the M75 APC?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the AN/VRC18, which consists of the RT68 Receiver/Transmitter, PP112 power supply, and R-108 Aux receiver. This is 1950's tube type equipment that operates on FM 38-55 mhz. The radio cases have "bumps".

simoncrk

I think the AN/VRC18, which consists of the RT68 Receiver/Transmitter, PP112 power supply, and R-108 Aux receiver. This is 1950's tube type equipment that operates on FM 38-55 mhz. The radio cases have "bumps".
Thanks. do you know where to get these. What are the rules on having a military radio. I know it shouldn't work. Don't want any black suburbans at the house. but can you make them communicate with other radios, for instance my friend has an M1009 if he put a radio in his, could we talk to each other? Legally?????

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice resto Hellonwheels. The picture is a AN/GRC-8. This is with interphone amplifier. These radios are available from various sources, the old standby is Fair Radio Sales. ida34 is correct, to transmit with one of these is not legal.

simoncrk

Here are 2 pics of the radio setup in the one we did.
Hope these help.

Dave C
Hey Thanks
would it be too much trouble to send more pics of your APC. That way i can get some idea of what all I need to replace and add to my APC. That thing looks good!!! Ive looked all over the net for inside pics of a complete M75. and cant find any. was it hard to get parts for?
Thanks
Daniel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks