• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have access to a ship-breaking yard or similar?

Mac53

Hello all, this is a rather odd request- but does anyone work in...or have access or info on a ship-breaking yard? Closer to the east coast the better.

I'm currently working on a project that is taking away time from my M37 so I want to get it done and get back to parading around :-D

I'm trying to find a small\medium sized steel door, fast action wheel or lever, air\water tight. Like the doors or hatches on a ship.

If anyone could help me in my search, i'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!
Marcus in NC

AndrewH

There is one on the canadian side at the soo. Just North of algoma steel, I can get you the contact info tomorrow at work if youd like. We get stuff there for building our tugs. They scrap freighters and such. -AndrewH

nkawtg

In the mid 90s, there were scrap yards in downtown Charleston (SC) that had the very doors/hatches you are looking for. This was some time after the naval base/shipyard closed, and there was still a boatload (pun intended) of shipboard surplus items there. You never know what they set aside....and forget for years! Much closer to you.....