• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone here know of a I believe a uh-1h vietnam era huey that flys around or/wa?

airbats801

I've seen this amazing beautiful huey fly by me for the last 2 years 3 times. THe sound is unforgettable!

Last august or so I watched them touch down on sand island in front of st helens oregon, and they also did another flyby in the same area while I was on the beach on the columbia in front of woodland.

Then this year I was on the same beach and saw them fly by, and had a passenger sitting at the open side door.

I'd love to see the chopper in person or even meet the owner. Absolutely beautiful machine. It made my day every time it went by :)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy up in your area who has a Huey and a Loach, both beautifully restored. I saw the Loach at the MVPA convention in Portland a few years ago.

Send a PM to HellonwheelsV100, he may be able to arrange an introduction.

Cheers

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see them weekly here in the DC area, as the National Park Service still flies a few. I love the sound too. I saw three SH-60 Blackhawks touring around the Capitol region on my morning commute today. Very different sound!

Bulldogger

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are more than you might think! The county here has one they use as an aerial firefighter, it is very effective for air drops. More may get added to the fleet to decrease the use of the aerial ambulances as firefighters (which makes them less available/slower to respond for their primary duty).

Cheers

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google, "Bell UH-1H for sale" some real nice ones listed w/ Controller. Half a million gets an airworthy "Restricted/Experimental" bird. For a little less than a mil. you can have one to fly the family around in. Might buy a lotto ticket on the way home.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks