• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know who makes this "shaved rockwell pinion cover"?

thordehr

I don't get how that cover works... Isn't there a bearing on both ends of that pinion shaft when both drive flanges are in place? This cover gets rid of one some way? Does anyone have a link to whoever makes that cover and how it works? I'd love to get rid of one drive flange and it's seal on my rockwells.

Don't have a pick of before but it was just a common rockwell and here is the after...

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pinion Flange cover

I make a solid steel cover that fits on the pinion flange.
$85 for a pair or $50 each. Plus S & H. Includes bolts.

See attachment for picture.

Thanks,
Orren Winjum

I don't get how that cover works... Isn't there a bearing on both ends of that pinion shaft when both drive flanges are in place? This cover gets rid of one some way? Does anyone have a link to whoever makes that cover and how it works? I'd love to get rid of one drive flange and it's seal on my rockwells.

Attachments

Trango

On my 5 ton project, the front pinion flange interfered with the radiator, so I turned it down to a nub on the lathe. It still sticks out a few inches, but it doesn't add anything to the vertical profile of the differential chunk.

crazywelder72

has anyone ever came up with a cool attachment for these flanges?

i was thinking about attaching a disc that i can paint like a spiral to hypnotize people... or just make them laugh. :cookoo:

crazywelder72

i think i can make a more evil looking one. but actually that link made me think of another question. what is the story behind these drive-line disc brakes? can something like this bee added?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks