• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does GP Load Trailers For Shippers At Any Sites?

gottaluvit

Won a M1061 last week at Ft. Polk. Thought I would try the Veritread option first. They all wanted way too much to ship a partial load to Ohio so I took Rounders' offer. Today Rounders tells me GP said they will load it on the Rounders trailer for a mere (sarcasm) $250! Really GP?! Really!? What a dirty scam. I will call them tomorrow to tell them I will not be dealing with them anymore, if they can't get an employee to lift his arms enough to pull levers to put the trailer on the truck for free. PATHETIC! Seems to me that they are out to punish me for not using their cohorts (veritread). Apparently they get a nice kickback from Veritread, so they are out to get it from me since it's not getting channeled through Veritread into their bank account. This is the appreciation we get for spending tens of thousands at auction? Not counting how just my bidding ups the cost even on items I didn't win. (Sorry fellow SS members) I guess items at Columbus will be a bit cheaper now, since I wont be bidding. To think I was about to get serious and start dealing MVs. Glad I learned about how they run their business early in the game. Nothing but greed!

Rant over.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it at Ft Polk or offsite? I thought they used a yard off base and you are probably being quoted from the business not GP. They do not have anyone on site full time like GL and I am pretty sure they have zero equipment. Totally different operation than GL or drmo.

not trying to rain on your parade but give you another view point.

Also, verify the condition on the 2 brake chambers / master cyls before it gets lifted. They don't do well with forklifts. Ask me how I know....

Also try jeepsinker. He could recover and lift with his wrecker.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Won a M1061 last week at Ft. Polk. Thought I would try the Veritread option first. They all wanted way too much to ship a partial load to Ohio so I took Rounders' offer. Today Rounders tells me GP said they will load it on the Rounders trailer for a mere (sarcasm) $250! Really GP?! Really!? What a dirty scam. I will call them tomorrow to tell them I will not be dealing with them anymore, if they can't get an employee to lift his arms enough to pull levers to put the trailer on the truck for free. PATHETIC! Seems to me that they are out to punish me for not using their cohorts (veritread). Apparently they get a nice kickback from Veritread, so they are out to get it from me since it's not getting channeled through Veritread into their bank account. This is the appreciation we get for spending tens of thousands at auction? Not counting how just my bidding ups the cost even on items I didn't win. (Sorry fellow SS members) I guess items at Columbus will be a bit cheaper now, since I wont be bidding. To think I was about to get serious and start dealing MVs. Glad I learned about how they run their business early in the game. Nothing but greed!

Rant over.
Highly likely it's a storage yard and I'm also fairly confident the listing likely said no loading assistance available. Oh and just FYI Rounders and veritread our owned by the same person... At certain bases we do help load unfortunately it's not possible at every site. I have a rather large monthly material handling bill to show for it.

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Thank you. That explains it.

If they have a remote location they are storing at down there, than that makes sense. However, to run a business, one should have what is needed to do so, in my opinion. Or at least communicate it with a list of what options are available at each location. Oops, I said communicate. That is a thing of days gone past, along with good business practices.

As an example, I have apartments that I rent weekly in the fashion of extended stay. Fully furnished, and all utilities (free wifi; best sat. tv package; HD tv; no shortcuts or tightwadness). Maybe I should tell people they need to bring their own bed and tv to travel for work, but I will charge the same! It's just bad business practice. It's like a gas station with buckets on ropes you drop into a well for your fuel. However, when you have the monopoly, I guess you do what you want.

They need to quit selling (and buy them off govt.) all the forklifts in Chambersburg and spend a few dollars (to make quite a few more) and ship them forklifts to any site that dont have one and hire some Americans to load at every site! They are proving why monopolies should be illegal for even those with their fingers in the government!

gottaluvit

Highly likely it's a storage yard and I'm also fairly confident the listing likely said no loading assistance available. Oh and just FYI Rounders and veritread our owned by the same person...
Being owned by the same person and affiliated with you are two different things! All listings say the same thing pertaining to loading assistance. Either make it be none when it says none (so a person knows in advance to avoid that location) or make it so you spend $$ to make money and quit being greedy!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thank you. That explains it.

If they have a remote location they are storing at down there, than that makes sense. However, to run a business, one should have what is needed to do so, in my opinion. Or at least communicate it with a list of what options are available at each location. Oops, I said communicate. That is a thing of days gone past, along with good business practices.

As an example, I have apartments that I rent weekly in the fashion of extended stay. Fully furnished, and all utilities (free wifi; best sat. tv package; HD tv; no shortcuts or tightwadness). Maybe I should tell people they need to bring their own bed and tv to travel for work, but I will charge the same! It's just bad business practice. It's like a gas station with buckets on ropes you drop into a well for your fuel. However, when you have the monopoly, I guess you do what you want.

They need to quit selling (and buy them off govt.) all the forklifts in Chambersburg and spend a few dollars (to make quite a few more) and ship them forklifts to any site that dont have one and hire some Americans to load at every site! They are proving why monopolies should be illegal for even those with their fingers in the government!

We we are actually ahead of you on this we have started buying forklifts from the DLA and shipping them out but we have sold from over 240 sites last year having loading assistance at every one is just impossible. we have prioritized by the highest volume sites.

gottaluvit

We we are actually ahead of you on this we have started buying forklifts from the DLA and shipping them out but we have sold from over 240 sites last year having loading assistance at every one is just impossible. we have prioritized by the highest volume sites.
Well, sir, that's a step in the right direction. Couldn't you have at least one day per week to have loading assistance? I mean, if you have that many sites, you're rolling in the dough. One employee could cover five smaller sites, if you would pay the employee's travel costs.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We've done that in certain areas like I said based on volume. just remember we are only a year into this and are trying to make adjustments and improvements as we can. I appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. We do care about the buyers experience and will continue to work toward improving it.

gottaluvit

yes customer support should be able to tell you. Heck if you pm me an item before you bid I can pull it up
Ok Jwade, I will pm you directly. I would be way more willing to bid if I could talk to the point of contact first. As for the trailer at polk, I guess I am screwed out of another 1/4 grand just to get it loaded.

By the way, the guys at Columbus, and Chambersburg are very helpful. Forgive my forgetfulness on names, but the gentlman at Chambersburg went way out of his way for customer service. Maybe it'll rub off upwardly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks