• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this go on a Half Track?

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this a long time ago thinking it goes on the back of a Half Track. Anybody know what it is?IMG_1008.jpgIMG_1009R.jpgIMG_1010R.jpgIMG_1011R.jpg

BLK HMMWV

Interesting piece. However with the wording universal aircraft tool company on the individual box's I would think it was more aircraft related. They kind of look like they could have been some kind of 50. cal. aircraft ammo cans and a stowage bracket to hold them . What's also confusing is the color.
Keep us posted when you find out.
I spent a few minutes searching around but my google fu isn't very strong.
BH

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the manufacturer would lead you to believe aircraft related, but then again IBM was making guns. Also, it won't hold many .50 cal rounds.

BLK HMMWV

I have some aircraft ammo box's/ cans that are smaller then those for a .50 but they are basically silver colored .
Most aircraft stuff I've ever seen that was WW2 era was just silver / bare aluminum colored .
Newer stuff seems to be a funky light green color.
early tank stuff was white at least for the ammo stowage inside the tank.
Modern stuff is sort of another shade of funky light green.
That's what make yours interesting and odd too at least to me.
BH

battlecr

Doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen in any of the halftrack books I’ve looked through doing the research on my M3. But try over on the halftrackinfo site as well.

Don G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks