• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dolly a DEMIL item?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just got an email from GL saying one of the transport dollys I have is now a Q DEMIL item and I need to fill out the paperwork.  I told them I am on active duty in Korea and it would take a long time to get this done.  What about an old rusty dolly convertor would require DEMIL?  Sounds like more of the ALCE packs needing DEMIL.  To be honest I have three dolly convertors mostly because I was the only one to bid on them and they were so cheap that the steel and tires were way more than what I paid.  Do you think I should fight this.  My thoughts are grandfather me on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm somewhat stupid but if they were to call me, I'd claim ADA and advise them they would need to send soneone to my house to fill out the forms so I can sign them. Remember this though, I'd bet there is a disclamier that you agreed to while bidding that covers this.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid ain't the term. DLA asked for Kevlar helmets back from me. They are still being sold through GL, and any child can buy them brand new from catalog surplus outlets. When I called GL and asked why I was being asked to return them when they are still selling them, they were clueless, said that sometimes DLA asks for ordinary stuff, like helmets, wet weather gear, and ALICE packs, to be returned to them, in order to prevent stuff from getting into the wrong hands on a case by case basis.

I guess the American Citizenry counts as "the wrong hands".

Jones

FIGHT IT.
A buddy bought a genset and was told he had to smash it up prior to load out. The reason/excuse/justification was that, in a pinch, it could be used as back-up power for a comm. station-- and therefor it was covered under the comm station's restricted classification... as a comm station component!?!
Same blanket logic applies; I guess they think they know what your dolly was capable of being coupled to or hauling.

white135

RE: I think it is one of these

Frankly, I think that those dollys would be more dangerous to us as scrap steel headed to china, than what they are now.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: I think it is one of these

I have plans for these but just have to retire from active duty first, too many deployments and not enough time at the home 20.

papercu

demil

I voted NO in the poll BUT only because of the way it was worded. G/L has nothing to do with this, other than they are in the middle. G/L is like any for-profit company they want to buy low and sell high and with no problems that would cost them extra. Wayne

Michael

RE: demil

I just got one on a single axle semi trailer. Trouble is I bought two at that sale. They are just about the same trailer but they only want an EUC on one of them.

Then they want this telephone switchboard returned. If we are worried that people with 40's tech telephones are going to take us down we are in trouble.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

The thing is I won the last one of these go arounds by going to DLA and getting proof that it was a mistake that the DMIL status had changed. It just took a lot of work and now I am in a very busy job in the headquarters and do not have the time to run that race again. I think we should challenge any item that is recalled that is not a real security risk.

uh60

I saw they had kayaks and canoes for sale that needed EUCs. I guess they might fall in to the wrong hands like the boy scouts.

Michael

I have run the NSNs of my items through the public web site and they have all come back as the demil code that they said it had changed to. I think the mistake they made in your case was an exception and that most of the stuff has actually changed. What would it take to challenge a demil change?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Well I digitally sent in the EUC paper work and this statement:
You all should have my photograph licence and proof that I am an American from all the previous EUC certificates. I now consider my responsibilites complete.

Have yet to hear anything back on it. Funny I guess possession is nine tenths of the law.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks