• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOLLY BRAKES

co_rotorhead

I seem to recall a thread about making one by welding a fifth wheel to a generator trailer chasis. I think it was David "ARMYMAN30yearsplus" who crafted it...anyway, looked pretty cool.

jwaller

too bad it looks like gomer pile took a knife to all my air lines and left me with nothing. I have to replace everything and try and see if the brakes want to work or not.

dmetalmiki

WOW

dave p..I'm WELL impressed with that rig in total..(I was dubiouse about using the dolly (I'm making) behind my M62 with my trailer..) but after seeing the LENGTH of your outfit..PHEW! i'm going to give it a shot..will post pics when project finished...do you REALLY get "round (any!) corners??!..that wud B summatt in old blighty I can tell you!!

Mike_Pop

I made my own dolly out of an M105 and a military fift wheel plate. All I did was weld some 1/2" steel on the frame of the M105 then bolt and weld the plate on. Really simple and cheap parts. Overall cost was $175.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, what kind of weight can the dolly handle? Would you trust it on the highway or is it just a yard dolly?

Mike_Pop

Bruce,

I used this to get my M117A trailer from North Carolina. Had no problem towing it back to NJ. I then gave it to Jude Meehan and he uses it for his office trailer without any problems. I wouldn't know the max weight it can carry but if you wanted to go bigger, I would mount it on an M200 gen trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks