• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT stamped lenses?

Ajax MD

I did a search but came up empty.

I vaguely recall seeing a post where someone mentioned buying signal and tail light lenses with "DOT approved" stamped on them.
Obviously the civilian H1 would come with these from the factory but does such a product exist for the M998 composite light fixtures? If so, who carries them?

My lenses are fogged and have paint overspray on them so I figured I may as well buy DOT marked lenses as replacements to forestall any discussions with state troopers.

Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I did a search but came up empty.

I vaguely recall seeing a post where someone mentioned buying signal and tail light lenses with "DOT approved" stamped on them.
Obviously the civilian H1 would come with these from the factory but does such a product exist for the M998 composite light fixtures? If so, who carries them?

My lenses are fogged and have paint overspray on them so I figured I may as well buy DOT marked lenses as replacements to forestall any discussions with state troopers.

Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
@simp5782 Ah, very educational. Many thanks. I'll just buy the regular, composite fixture lenses and stop worrying about it.
Memphis equipment had cheap military Grote LED taillights on Ebay without the buckets. Under seller :MECOparts. Around $70 each.

All the marker lights such as the model 30s that are round clearance LEDs are stamped DOT approved on them.

DREDnot

I think for the taillights to be DOT approved, they need to have a certain amount of reflective surface. That's why the Civilian H1 used the common Grote/Jeep style taillights with the reflective ring

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks