• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"drip gas" in a multifuel engine

odgreen

I am new to this site and wanting to ask a question. Does anyone know if "drip gas" can be burned in a multi fuel engine. This is oilwell condensate, also sometimes called white gas. People have burned it in conventional gasolene engines, with varying sucess. It will usually cause smoking, hard starting, and "dieseling" in a petrol engine. I guess it can be thought of as an unrefined light petroleum product. I hope someone on here has heard of it and can give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here I am RDD, but don't know anything about drip gas. Keep in mind that if you use gasoline, add a lubricant to the fuel (oil, biodiesel etc) to protect the injection pump.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drip gas is very common here in east texas. It has a VERY LOW octane rating. If you have a gas motor with low compression About 7 to 1 you can use it. It's a very dry fuel and will wash oil off of engine parts. It makes a pretty good solivent. But it's too dangerous to be safe. I've ran regular gasoline through mine and it ran like crap. I strongly sudjest you don't run drip, with out mixing oil and diesel with it. Although the injector pump is made to handle kerosene i think drip would cause rapid wear and premature failure. Of you can get it for free i can understand cutting your fuel costs but running too much of it is asking for problems.

odgreen

I appreciate the replies, and agree that it makes a decent solvent. It is very common here in western Oklahoma also, and a well on my own place produces it. Washing oil off engine parts would explain why the engine on my little Honda dirt bike suddenly seized up one day while running about 50 mph. I also ran it in an old car years ago, but it would ping badly, and diesel when shut off. So, I believe I will give up on trying it in my duece even though I can get the stuff for nothing.

mendo069

drip gas

i mentioned this to norman at ant. val. truck parts... he said "drip gas" should not be used... and that the multi-fuel engine will not react well to it... at the cost of parts, time and a rebuild, it's probably best to stick with your trucks preferred flavor...."diesel"....just my take... play it safe.. mendo..

M35guy

well, the deuce wont run on EVERYTHING, but at least we've still got a good host of fuels to run em on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks