• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver's side deuce door

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Messed around with the door this morning (between the rain showers).
I need new guides, but am wondering about the cost of guides vs cost of a working replacement door. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,

ida34

Weld it up and go Dukes of Hazzard. Welding rod is pretty cheap. I think Armada has some good doors to sell. I think he has doors and cab listed in the classified ads.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
What is wrong with the doors, other than the two guides? I called either Saturn or Clark (memory going slowly) and it was about $40 per door.

Don't know what a replacement door would cost. When looking for new wheels a place here in Colorado had two five ton cabs on their lot. I think they both had their doors. BUT you would still need to replace the guides, as they were trashed. I couldn't even roll up the windows because the handles were missing.

If you decide to get the guides, pictures please. I am going to be doing this, but it's down the list a ways. Things like new wheels and tires, turn signals, bottle jack, impact wrench are first. Then some touch up paint in the cab and some insulation. THEN maybe the guides in the door, but only after replacing broken glass in windows...

It is a never ending journey. Keep us informed.

jim

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hood slide? rofl
It's the window, guys, it doesn't go up and down the way it's designed to do. The guides are worn, one is broken loose actually.
I think the cost of new guides is $30 plus or minus, that's why the question about the whole door.

jatonka

Used door prices

The last complete used doors I bought cost $125 each from Jim Henry, Gilbert Pa show Sept 2004. They had rust through at the lower front inner corners but were complete and everything worked. John t

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
Well, I dug through my notes and found the following.

Memphis - Front guide $17.90 - Rear guide $16.75

Clark - Front guide $25.00 - Rear guide $20.00

That was last week sometime. Hope it helps. If you want, I'll talk to the guys at Active Truck parts about a door for you. But these guys seem to think their stuff is gold, not green and price it accordingly.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jim, I had a feeling the guides would cost about as much as a whole door.
I'll find one nearby one day, so shipping won't be an issue.

ida34

I know this doesn't help but my windows don't go up and down without help just like the Deuce I drove in the Army. I like my truck to be authentic and having window that goes up and down easily just would not be authentic. That would be like plugging all the air leaks in the cab, or getting new seat cushion material. Then again Bjorn does not keep it authentic anyway. I never had a heated cab much less heated fuel tank and lines. Remember when dealing with the windows you have to abide by the old saying "what goes up must come down". It does not necessarily have to go back up again. I do appreciate the info as I will probably do my guides too. That is after I get my but in gear and install the pile of deuce goodys I have piled in my garage.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Authentic! rofl
All that said, I DO want my deuce to be all that she CAN be, (perhaps) just not in the Army. :)

At the moment, the window is a bit of an inconvenience at toll boths, having to open the door each time, that's all.

mhb285

I just want windows period!..I got all the parts and good glass, but don't look forward to doin it.
Soon though!..Got to justify buying all these parts..
Onward!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks