• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivetrain noise?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When underway my M925A2 makes, for a lack of better description, a rattling noise that sounds like it's coming through the firewall directly behind the engine. Sounds similar to the rattling sound the accelerator pedal sometimes makes at idle when you take your foot off of it. Any ideas? Anything to worry about?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can’t hear anything in mine over the rattle from the winch levers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When underway my M925A2 makes, for a lack of better description, a rattling noise that sounds like it's coming through the firewall directly behind the engine. Sounds similar to the rattling sound the accelerator pedal sometimes makes at idle when you take your foot off of it. Any ideas? Anything to worry about?
I see you have a Frankencab like mine too. See if your problem sounds anything like mine in the videos I posted. Trust me it has been an ordeal that I never dreamed of trying to get it fixed as you can see in my thread.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you have a Frankencab like mine too. See if your problem sounds anything like mine in the videos I posted. Trust me it has been an ordeal that I never dreamed of trying to get it fixed as you can see in my thread.
No sir, mine is not as pronounced as that.

BEASTMASTER

heh heh, they can drive u crazy. mine has done it since I got it. took me a while to find mine. there is a big washer in the middle of the jackshaft that became loose and it just rattles around in there at low speed. aini't seem to have done no harm.

heh heh, they can drive u crazy. mine has done it since I got it. took me a while to find mine. there is a big washer in the middle of the jackshaft that became loose and it just rattles around in there at low speed. aini't seem to have done no harm.

Hmmm, the jackshaft is the only thing that has never been pulled out of my truck for obvious reasons of course lol, but I have wondered about it being the weak link with my problem. Was your jackshaft issue temperature sensitive like my issue? The colder it is, the longer it takes before it starts doing it bad. If its hot out, it will start doing it almost right away.

146APF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lapeer Industries M939 ARRC (Armor Ready Reinforced Cab). My truck sounded similar to Oldworld's videos. Check the rear transmission mount bracket clearance at the top of bracket to cab floor. The forward mounts were pre-loading/pushing the rear mount upward extending upper bushing(instead of compressing it) allowing the bracket to contact the cab floor. Bracket needs to be shortened approx 1/2 inch.

Attachments

Lapeer Industries M939 ARRC (Armor Ready Reinforced Cab). My truck sounded similar to Oldworld's videos. Check the rear transmission mount bracket clearance at the top of bracket to cab floor. The forward mounts were pre-loading/pushing the rear mount upward extending upper bushing(instead of compressing it) allowing the bracket to contact the cab floor. Bracket needs to be shortened approx 1/2 inch.
Hmmm interesting, as it sounds like a design flaw. Ill have them check that out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find the source of the rattle yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks