• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUH (brake problem)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of those days...

When I picked up the M108, it had some broken brake lines. Replaced the brake lines, bleed the brakes. The brakes would come on, but not release. Figured the master cylinder return port was plugged.

So the other day, I replaced the master cylinder. It was leaking fluid out the front also. Get it all done, bleed the brakes, and I STILL have the same problem. So now I'm thinking airpac problem.

Start to take the airpac out, and I look up and see a solinod on the brake line. I think, Hmm, that's the mico-lock. Wait a minute, I wouldn't be that dumb to have the micro-lock on, would I? (for those that might not know, a micro-lock holds the brake line pressure to lock the brakes) Turns out, yes I would be that dumb. My mico is an on-off switch on the dash, and it was on. Turn it off, hook the airpac back up, and I have brakes!

another fine day wrenching....

Dennis

Pinkie

There were also some very few m715s that had the micro lock on the dash. They were usually the maintenance trucks with welder and gensets driven by the PTO.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are usually a momentary on switch in which the line pressure holds it shut. Not sure how long it will last under constant voltage. FYI

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks