• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW front axle outer seal spacer?

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When taking the front axle outer seals out of my DUKW I found a washer/spacer behind it. I can't find anything about it in any of the manuals. They were on both sides. Someone said that they may have been a mod someone did because the axles were grooved where the seal had been riding on it and the washers moved where the seal rode on the axle. I could not find any sign of grooving on the axle. Has anyone else found something like this? I have attached a picture of the seal and the washer. This is not the thrust washer.

axle seal red2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks