• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb Question on Wiring Diagrams MEP 803a

Shaky_Jake

I am familiar with ladder diagrams and wiring schematics in my line of work (HVAC service tech) with AC circuits. I am not to familiar with DC diagrams . Two questions: The upside down triangles with a letter in it for example "V", "N" and such, do those represent pins in the diagnostic port on the outside of the genset? I am also wondering what all the diodes are used for in the circuits? Are they used sort of like check valves or do they have other uses?

Guyfang

Staff member
I am familiar with ladder diagrams and wiring schematics in my line of work (HVAC service tech) with AC circuits. I am not to familiar with DC diagrams . Two questions: The upside down triangles with a letter in it for example "V", "N" and such, do those represent pins in the diagnostic port on the outside of the genset? (Yes they do) I am also wondering what all the diodes are used for in the circuits? Are they used sort of like check valves (More or less) or do they have other uses?
@kloppk ?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, the diodes operate like check valves by only allowing current to flow in one direction thru them. For instance CR1 is there to protect the DC portion if the genset from being damaged should the batteries get hooked up backwards. Some of the other diodes are there to supress current spikes induced when large relay or solenoid coils are de-energized such as CR5 on the Fuel Shutoff solenoid curcuit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks