• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump bed mod

Therapydoc

Hey guys I’m really considering making my m923a2 into a dump bed. Mostly need it to haul gravel and things like that. I’d like to be able to haul about 10 ton.

im trying to get a list of things I’ll need and get a realistic cost to transition

24v hydraulic pump and tank ( what size tank do you think ? And I assume it has to be 24v and not 12v ).

been looking for a scissor hoist on marketplace but have only seen 7 ton ones so far. I assume it has to be scissor, has anyone ever done otherwise ?

I have a buddy that can do all my welding and pivot points on the rear and tailgate modifications. How do most people do the end gate closing/lock?

wasn’t there a guy at some point in st Louis that did the modifications at a cost at his shop ? Thought I saw a post about him but couldn’t find it again

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tank size depends on the hoist.

24 volt would be ideal.

Scissor is most practical (can be found well over 10ton if you dig deep enough and have the $) for low volume electric pumps.

C&C Equipment in Indiana could probably build you out for $$$.

Link to my build for ideas.

DeMilitarized

Hey guys I’m really considering making my m923a2 into a dump bed. Mostly need it to haul gravel and things like that. I’d like to be able to haul about 10 ton.

im trying to get a list of things I’ll need and get a realistic cost to transition

24v hydraulic pump and tank ( what size tank do you think ? And I assume it has to be 24v and not 12v ).

been looking for a scissor hoist on marketplace but have only seen 7 ton ones so far. I assume it has to be scissor, has anyone ever done otherwise ?

I have a buddy that can do all my welding and pivot points on the rear and tailgate modifications. How do most people do the end gate closing/lock?

wasn’t there a guy at some point in st Louis that did the modifications at a cost at his shop ? Thought I saw a post about him but couldn’t find it again

Grab you a ph616-6 hoist kit and these hinges because IMO they are better quality and higher strength. That is what I am running on my m931a2 with a lmtv bed on it. I am running a pto and winch kit instead of the hydraulic pump but the electric pump should do fine. https://bushtec.com/products/dump-hinge-welded

Therapydoc

Tank size depends on the hoist.

24 volt would be ideal.

Scissor is most practical (can be found well over 10ton if you dig deep enough and have the $) for low volume electric pumps.

C&C Equipment in Indiana could probably build you out for $$$.

Link to my build for ideas.

fantastic. Lots of good reading in there. I appreciate it

Therapydoc

Grab you a ph616-6 hoist kit and these hinges because IMO they are better quality and higher strength. That is what I am running on my m931a2 with a lmtv bed on it. I am running a pto and winch kit instead of the hydraulic pump but the electric pump should do fine. https://bushtec.com/products/dump-hinge-welded

any issues with hoist fitment ? See Midwest military said there’s a little more to do with the 11 ton versus the 8 ton

DeMilitarized

the ph616-6 is the same size generally as the smaller units. I have a tractor and had to move the air dryer and notch the center frame support just a hair but other than that it is the largest hoist you can reasonably fit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks