• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duramax and M1009

hovenga67

The duramax will fit in a square body chevy with some modification. Do a google search. There are a few out there, one inch body lift, modify the front cross member, move the trans crossmember, and do some wiring. I am about to start this swap on a 89 suburban that is a old goverement vehicle I picked up. I will post it up once I start. I just need to get my m1008 finished and sold. Then the fun begins. I already have a parts duramax truck.
Brent

southdave

that 4.5L T was supposed to deploy way back n '08 models....too bad cuz there might be some used ones floating around now...310/500+ft lbs and 16:1.. **** shame they arent out yet
I have heard they be back.. they have to be I recently saw the most hideous Cadi Yukon thing done up for Mary Kay.. it was hybrid it only was rated @ 22mpg highway.

BigIrv

Years ago I mounted a allison 545 in a suburban and backed it up with a divorced np205. There were a few things that need to be addressed as far as the tranny is concerned. One is vibration: when you install the tranny you will need to fab a new cross member which will require new rubber mounts to go between the frame and the tranny and also the tcase. Another thing is the starter will probably have to be a three bolt starter unless you are talking about installing the new style allison. The last thing is measuring drive shafts, and changing the pinion angle on your axles by cutting off the spring pads and relocating them so the pinion is at a higher angle which corrects the drive line. Hope that helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks