• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dust cap for headlights - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 Diesel

Elektroman99

Dear Steel Soldier Community,

I know that some equip their headlights with an internal cover. This is to prevent small animals - that are attracted to the light - from getting into the headlight or dirt and water.

This is called a "headlight cap", "rubber cap" or "dust cap" for headlights. I have searched the internet for this and found none directly for the Chevrolet Blazer K5.

Is it possible to use a "universal dust cap for headlights" here if necessary? Does anyone here in the community use something like this and know what dimensions it must have? Does anyone have experience with the retrofit of such "dust cap for headlights" at the Blazer K5 / M1009?

Attached is an example picture of a "universal dust cap for headlights".
Example_47.JPG

Best regards
Elektroman99

Elektroman99

Has anyone who uses an M1009 or any other vehicle in this range and from the years of manufacture really not used a dust cap on the headlights?
Is this simply not intended or are there real reasons not to use them at all?

Really?
:unsure:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks