• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E85 and WVO questions

plym49

1. Is there any circumstance or cocktail mix under which it is acceptable to use E85 in a multiifuel vehicle?

2. Can WVO be used without doing something to neutralize the acids in it, and if so is this dependent upon what/how much it is mixed with?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be concerned about E85 eating up the rubber parts in the fuel system. Some people my have tried it with good results but I'd shy away from it personally.

I've heard of people running WVO right out of the fryer in warm weather and heated in cooler weather. I haven't tried it though.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have had no prob with acid in WVO......but you do have to filter the water and crud out of it very well.

In warm weather I have ran 50/50 WVO/diesel in my diesel Ranger.

In the deuce I use WMO/WVO/diesel and some regular gas to thin it out.

There is tons of info in the archives....search is your friend.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
E85 = Alcohol
Alcohol = conduit to fuel injectors even with the filters and water separators
water injected into diesel engine = :(

Darwin T

you loose power and MPG with gasoline. the compensator adjusts for the fuel. the lighter the fuel the more it takes. on one trip i put 1/2 a tank of gas in 1/2 a tank of diesel because it was cheaper (i thought) get a lot less MPG. running pure WMO truck runs great and goes alot farther than it deas with straight diesel. just my observation no science or testing involved.

plym49

E85 = Alcohol
Alcohol = conduit to fuel injectors even with the filters and water separators
water injected into diesel engine = :(
That is a very good point. Today's gasoline also has a hefty dose of alcohol in it (depending on where you live). Around here, it is something crazy like 10 or 20%. Many gas stations here are alleged to add water to their underground tanks since the alcohol in the gas lets it absorb water, thus increasing their profit. So another reason to be careful if using pump gas in your MV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks