• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Educate me on talking to wabco ABS

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can talk to engine ecm, transmission tcu, Spicer CTIS. Wabco ABS seems to be a little different? Using Dearborn 3+ and can seem to connect over J1708 but wabco software doesn't really show much data, most fields are blank. J1939 doesn't seem to work at all. This is through the port to the driver left knee. I can't find mention of the connector that is next to the abs module itself (attached)20231007_141915.jpg

Last edited:

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying multiple solutions, various computers with serial adapters and built in serial ports. Have the same returns from software. Everything else works perfectly, abs is the outlier. Tried following the instructions for changing between 1708 and 1939 (power cycle) and same results.
Is abs supposed to show up in the picture?20231028_162425.jpg

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the plug for the contamination sensor? ABS is read at the diagnostic port next to your left knee when in the driver's seat, no?

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the plug for the contamination sensor? ABS is read at the diagnostic port next to your left knee when in the driver's seat, no?
Doubt it, but maybe?
The connection I have is all through the left knee connector. Not sure if he connector by the ABS is direct to it or if I even have an adapter for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks