• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Cruise Control into M1028A3 6.2 Th400

Batzen

Hey Guys i bought an electric cruise control out of a '92 K2500 6.2 Th700.
Now i need some info on the vehicle speed sensor and my speedo, because the harness needs to connect to it.

Here is the harness:
11022939_1786303544928559_7107823_n.jpg

I have to modify the brake light connector, because the switch is different in my cucv. Also there is a kind of a cruise control shut of switch (above the brake light sensor), i don't really know what its for and what it does (something to do with the overdrive lockup from the donor th700??). Should i put a manual switch on the dashboard for it?

Also i need to connect the orange connector to a VSS. Is there a VSS on the back of the speedo? Or do i have to buy one and attach it to the speedometer?
Bracket and Servo seem to fit nice to the IP.

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to obtain a speedo with the output on it. That's all I know and that's only from buying junkyard parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks