• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical distribution blocks

Jeepadict

Along the way I've added a CUCV component here & there to my 78 K25 as I find they give added versatility to my multi-role monstrosity. (Rear bumper, bed tie-down eyelets, etc...NP208 PTO is likely a pipe dream)

My current consideration is adding the multi-point electrical distribution blocks. Given the intended re-purpose these would lend to powering accessory relays for things like lights/amps/inverters/trailer connector power, etc. The CUCV block would (in theory) alleviate the burden for the OE 2-post distro block (pictured) adjacent to the master cylinder assembly on the firewall as this accessory post is fed from a far smaller 12/14 ga wire.

Any suggestions/reccomendations or pros/cons to this thought process? Any thoughts of what a safe load maximum these blocks could support? Anyone have a general description or pictures of how these were used in the OE CUCV application? I'm sure there's a TM for these parts, but I'd rather hear from the horse's mouth. TIA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MarcusOReallyus

Well, the diamond shaped block near the booster is used by many to run their glow plugs, which pull 80 amps. That's in addition to the normal load on it.

You are probably safe with 100 amps on that one.

The others are beefier, so....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks