• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issues

Squibbly

Go to this thread, because @jplace1011 had similar issues with his for the last few weeks, and we all spent a bunch of time going through all of the tests you need to do to track down the power issue.

Lots of good tests. I even put a video out there on how to test things with a multimeter.

jplace1011

Go to this thread, because @jplace1011 had similar issues with his for the last few weeks, and we all spent a bunch of time going through all of the tests you need to do to track down the power issue.

Lots of good tests. I even put a video out there on how to test things with a multimeter.
@Joey7 here’s a great How to Test Alternators & Batteries video shot by “some guy”: @Squibbly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squibbly

@Joey7 here’s a great How to Test Alternators & Batteries video shot by “some guy”: @Squibbly.

@jplace1011 is probably now an expert in CUCV electrical issues (and he did trial by "literal" fire) and how the wiring is "supposed to" be, so he's going to hopefully pass on his knowledge. That's the great thing about these forums. Anyone willing to keep pushing and not give up on understanding is going to be rewarded with the ultimate gift of knowledge, and knowledge is power.

Here is the other video needed to test the exciter wire to the regulator. It's terrible one handed camera work, but it's good enough to get you through the test.

My brother @Rocknus in fact just recently bought an M1028 *back* from a guy he sold it to a while ago for a fraction of what he sold it for, because the new owner blew out the starter and flexplate and didn't have the knowledge or will to fix it. He's now sold it to one of his close friends for cash and trade (equal to a slight profit), and they are going to fix it together, and it'll stay close so he's sure it doesn't end up in a junk pile someplace.

Speaking of my brother, here is his actual "good" video of the CUCV wiring system and other stuff.

Last edited:

jplace1011

@jplace1011 is probably now an expert in CUCV electrical issues (and he did trial by "literal" fire) and how the wiring is "supposed to" be, so he's going to hopefully pass on his knowledge. That's the great thing about these forums. Anyone willing to keep pushing and not give up on understanding is going to be rewarded with the ultimate gift of knowledge, and knowledge is power.

Here is the other video needed to test the exciter wire to the regulator. It's terrible one handed camera work, but it's good enough to get you through the test.

My brother @Rocknus in fact just recently bought an M1028 *back* from a guy he sold it to a while ago for a fraction of what he sold it for, because the new owner blew out the starter and flexplate and didn't have the knowledge or will to fix it. He's now sold it to one of his close friends for cash and trade (equal to a slight profit), and they are going to fix it together, and it'll stay close so he's sure it doesn't end up in a junk pile someplace.

Speaking of my brother, here is his actual "good" video of the CUCV wiring system and other stuff.
@Joey7 If I can help in any way I am happy to do so. It can be a bit challenging at times, depending how skilled you are. It’s also rewarding once you figure it out.

Let us know how we can further help. I learn best via Videos, Pics and Diagrams. Lots of those resources around.

The Technician Manuals are a a big help. Let us know if you need those.

@Squibbly thank you for the shout out and all the help you provided and are still providing. @Rocknus has incredible videos and knowledge too! Thank you Johnny!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks