• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical question

nytoak

I picked up a 1970 M35A2 w/the multifuel turbocharged engine last week and the batteries were drained. I put the battery charger on the wrong terminals and shorted out the system (not smart, yes I know). I think that my problem is the circut breaker but with this truck, it should reset itself once it cools down. I waited un til the next morning and it still does not work. Can someone suggest what I need to look at to get her running again. Do I just replace the circuit breaker or am I looking at bigger problems. Thanks for any suggestions. I have TM's on order but would like to get her running before hunting season in two weeks.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can download and save the TM's to your computer for free from here The Deuce TMs

Did you put new batteries in it ?
It could have shorted the plates in the batteries.

Last edited:

Jakelc15

You can download the Tm's from here.
If the circuit breaker is bad and won't reset you can put a fuse temporarily in it's place to get you running.
Batteries that have been hooked up backwards on the charger may never take a charge again. Be careful with those batteries, if shorted they can explode.
You should have power to the starter straight from the batteries then fed up the firewall to everything else. Just trace it along with a test light until you don't have power anymore. Remember it's all 24 volt. 12v batteries wired in series.