• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical wire diagram

michdieh

Does anyone have an electrical wire diagram from the main light switch? In my Humvee, the wiring harness behind the switch was cut. Please can anyone help me.

papakb

The complete electrical schematics for the HMMWV are in the back of every TM 9 2329-280-20-3. Download a free copy of the manual here: https://www.nsncenter.com/library/hmmwv Just pay attention to the model designation so you have the right opne for your truck. 99% of the wiring is the same but it never hurts to be careful. Thanks to the folks over at Olive-Drab you cab download the military wiring numbers here:
When I first got my HMMWV I took the manual to a copy shop and had it copied double size and then laminated. That way I can trace lines with a china marker pencil and then clean it all off for the next time.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first got my HMMWV I took the manual to a copy shop and had it copied double size and then laminated. That way I can trace lines with a china marker pencil and then clean it all off for the next time.
WOW. How much did that cost? Smart idea but wasn't that like a gazillion clams?

papakb

It was a llittle pricey but I felt if I was going to trace wires it would help if I didn't jump lines as I moved from side to side. It's definitely paid for itself over the years and it cost considerably less than 1 used soft door!

RogerThat!

That's a brilliant idea. I just printed on six pages and pieced together with tape. But a professionally printed one, with lamination sounds pretty dang awesome. I will have to check with the printshop here in town.

Kdoghb

Yeah I did the same thing was able to print it out from a Plotter at work then took it to Kinkos and Laminated it cost 7$ . Hung it in the shop . Great tool !!To bad I can't get it running................

Crapgame

Talk about pricey, I asked the local UPS store which does "print shop" work how much to have a manual I have scanned to PDF, 800 or so pages.
$3.60 a PAGE!!
If you go to the UPS Store or Mailboxes Etc they charge you out the arse because their lackey has to do the work. IF you go onto OfficeMax.com, click on Services, then Print & Copies. I uploaded the TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 Vol 1, then it gives me $542.85 ($550.83 if you want it 3 hole punched) for 1155 pages. Cheaper than $3.60 per page. I had some HMMWV GMV Parts TMs printed, then I made an extra copy of the cover onto buff cardstock to make them look like the real GI TM.
J102624.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks