• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical WTFs

KI4FKW

So I park my M1008 a year ago because the batteries are shot. Took me a year to get around to replacing them. Truck was 100% when parked.

Fast forward to today.

New batteries installed. Truck fires right up.

1. Horn now blows when service lights switch is set to on.

2. Gen 1 not charging

3. Trailer brake controller started smoking and wouldn’t deactivate.

Why is nothing ever simple? EVER.

Lil Pete

That's an easy one....
Does your lady like being ignored?
But, seriously who knows what rats, etc. may have moved in and got the munchies?
Also, Remember the mantra: "If it's rubber replace it. If it's electrical clean it."
If you wanted simple, you would have sold your trucks and just sat on your porch watching the rest of us driving by. :cool:
Chin up and carry on old Chap!

ssdvc

I was just venting. Simple sure isn’t what you find with a CUCV these days.
Unless someone has messed with the wiring, these trucks are fairly simple. I am no wiz mechanic and I have managed to sort through several issues and repairs, all with the help and advise of this site. Keep your head in the game, read the TM's and you'll figure it out.

And, to keep mice from destroying my 09, I put snap traps with peanut butter on the lower battery trays and inside the truck under the seats. I have caught quite a few trying to recon my truck, which was their mistake [thumbzup]. I just ditch the dead mouse, rebait the trap and wait for the next little critter.

87cr250r

The horn switch has a flyback diode that fails in short circuit. Cut the diode out and all will be good. I forgot where the diode is exactly.