• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ellsworth

reb87

One of my boys and I just arrived in Rapid City with the Deuce. Going to pick up a m989 at Ellsworth on Tuesday. Thought we would spend monday sightseeing. Anybody have any suggestions? Mt Rushmore for sure probably toward evening to see the lights... Will get some pics tomorrow. Drove in from nebraska thru valentine and up hiway 44(very rough roads in SD) Pretty drive....

reb87

Had a good trip, Ray was very nice to work with. Son had to hurry the pic of the truck as traffic was moving. Went to the Air and Space museum as well, awesome..

Attachments

deuceman51

The PLS and the HEMTT A4 belong to the 139th BSB, SDNG. I know because I worked on both of those two trucks at my full time job. The tan truck is hauling two Tactical Water Purification units, and the trailer behind the PLS is the new MKT which is called the CKT. Pretty nice rigs. I'm hoping my EUC will clear soon so I can go get my deuce there as well.

dozer1

There is just no end to what you can do in South Dakota esp the western part. I really enjoy it when I get a chance to
get outh there. It has been a few years now. Sometimes the attractions are spaced out pretty wide but the scenery is
great and you can always pull over and have a buffalo burger somewhere. Would be an incredible deuce trip.
I have an uncle that lives in Valentine and my folks came from Nebraska. You familiar with the David City area?

KsM715

I wish I had seen this thread before. I was just up there a week ago. I grew up in the hills and could have given you all kinds of things to see that are "off the beaten path". I dont know how much fun the deuce would be on Iron Mt. Road, its more of a sports car ride than a truck ride.

WyoDeuce

Nice pics. I picked up my deuce from ellsworth last november and took it straight to mt. rushmore. Fun place to cruise a deuce around. Ray at ellsworth was a great guy. He is one of the good ones.

reb87

Pics at home. Its a pretty neat heavy trailer with air ride suspension. I caught the pic of the strange and exotic grass eating creature using the deuce and a half as a game blind. A very difficult pic to get as the creature can get very violent when pics are taken. Fortunately my mission was accomplished without loss of blood.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

How did you go about getting a duece from Ellsworth? I am looking for a duece and or 5-ton right now and would like to be somewhat local.

Check GL (that little ad on the lft side of the page, Government liquidation). Click on the state and do a search for South Dakota. Be aware we have rules about discussing up coming auctions so becareful if you find one.

91W350

REB87 uses his quite a bit. I had one hooked to my deuce and it was okay. You quickly learn that it is hard to park, you about need a pull through parking stall.

captcarc

I would really like to see photo(s). I'm trying to decide between a M989A1 and a M1061A1 / XM1061E1. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

iatractor

REB87, are you still using fuel oil to heat your house? As for your trailer, that looks like it might be handy to use as a header trailer. At least if you are running a 6 row corn head, or a wider reel platform. How is the height on it to use for that?

datadawg

Has anybody else here bought a M989? What are you going to use it for?
Thinking of getting one, but need to use it for hauling armor. Has anyone used their m989 to tow equipment and how do you deal with the drop in the floor? What do you do for ramps or to drive up onto trailer? Just seeing if someone has figured out this riddle or I'm trying to use the trailer for something it was not designed to do. My load will be under 24K #, so weight should not be an issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks