• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EMERGENCY DECISIONS - I can only say "WOW !"

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be curious to read his entries in the aircraft logbook and his own flight record logbook..... "Copiloted 737 from midflight to landing without prior type-rating, no in-type training, and no pilot briefing." LOL I can just hear the non-emotional "Chuck Yeager-ish" tone of voice in such a statement.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

If the Air Force has a similar medal to the Army's Soldier's Medal he sure deserves it.

I recommended one of my former soldiers for it after he pulled someone from a wrecked car that was smoking and rendered aid until First Responders arrived.

The Soldier's Medal is an individual decoration of the United States Army. It was introduced as Section 11 of the Air Corps Act, passed by the Congress of the United States on July 2, 1926. The criteria for the medal are: "The Soldier's Medal is awarded to any person of the Armed Forces of the United States or of a friendly foreign nation who, while serving in any capacity with the Army of the United States distinguished himself or herself by heroism not involving actual conflict with an enemy."

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:tigger:

If the Air Force has a similar medal to the Army's Soldier's Medal he sure deserves it.

I recommended one of my former soldiers for it after he pulled someone from a wrecked car that was smoking and rendered aid until First Responders arrived.

The Soldier's Medal is an individual decoration of the United States Army. It was introduced as Section 11 of the Air Corps Act, passed by the Congress of the United States on July 2, 1926. The criteria for the medal are: "The Soldier's Medal is awarded to any person of the Armed Forces of the United States or of a friendly foreign nation who, while serving in any capacity with the Army of the United States distinguished himself or herself by heroism not involving actual conflict with an enemy."

That's interesting WM, I recommended one of my Sailors for the Navy's version for pulling a guy from a burning car on his way in to work one night.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks